Italian Language Courses
SIMON & SIMON provide flexible Italian language courses including a range of training options to suit your business. We can provide 1:1 or group sessions from 1 to 30 hours per week either at your company, at home or as a residential course. Our staff are all highly qualified as native Italian speakers and with an average 15 years’ teaching experience. Not only do we provide you with an experienced teacher, we also have a great multi-lingual support team to help you outside the course times. Our Italian language courses are available all over the UK and worldwide.
Our services includes:
We offer a pre-course assessment so that we can see what you need from the course. Once this is done we will provide you with a course plan and a profile of your trainer. During the course we provide reports and evaluations on student's attendance and progress and these are available to HR/Learning and Development personnel via password access to our management information systems.
Your Italian teacher will conduct your lesson almost entirely in Italian - a method known as the communicative approach - and you will find yourself making progress from the very first lesson. Soon you will be growing in the confidence to communicate in Italian in a variety of social and business situations.
Please click a title below for further information on our Italian language courses:
Italian Language Profile
- Over 70 million people speak Italian.
Italian is also spoken in:
- San Marino
- Vatican City
Our Italian language courses are available on both a 1:1 and group basis. With careful planning, group training can offer great value for money, as participants can help each other outside of the course time. We strongly recommend you keep group numbers to 6 or less for these types of courses to be successful, to ensure enough individual attention.
Those learning Italian on a 1:1 basis will naturally make much faster progress, as the course will be designed around their individual needs. We can tailor these courses to focus on the learner's particular strengths and weaknesses.
Every SIMON & SIMON language course is overseen by one of our highly experienced account managers, who are multi-lingual.
At the start of your Italian course we will send you a profile on your trainer, followed by a course plan and relevant course materials. Then a progress report after every 40 hours of training, so you can keep track of your progress. You will also receive a set of invaluable weblinks to a variety of language learning sources.
SIMON & SIMON have arranged Italian language courses for clients in numerous locations around the world using our global network of language trainers. The vast majority of our Italian lessons take place at our clients' offices, removing the need for you to travel, but Italian lessons can take place in your home if that is more convenient. All of our trainers are flexible and will design the course to suit your needs.
We can also arrange full-time residential Italian language courses for you - just contact our office for information on available destinations.
Italian Course Schedules
The majority of our students attend at least one 90-minute session per week and many students will try to do more than one session depending on work commitments. Our Italian teachers are available all year round, Monday - Friday from 8am - 8pm, and Weekend courses can also be arranged on request.
Need to learn Italian quickly? Our intensive Italian language courses run for 30 hours per week, (6 hours per day Monday - Friday), and can take place at either your premises or at a residential centre here in the UK or abroad.
The content of your Italian language course will reflect your level and your particular objectives. We will assess your Italian language level before your course, and discuss with you in detail the subject areas you wish to focus on because at SIMON & SIMON we understand that every business has different needs.
Whether you are a complete beginner looking for day-to-day Italian survival skills, or a more proficient Italian speaker needing to improve your fluency, our teachers can help you. We can tailor our courses to improve your skills when discussing business areas such as law, banking, finance, insurance, sales, travel, marketing, and administration. Or you may want to focus on improving your Italian for meetings, discussions and negotiations, or to concentrate on improving your listening comprehension, pronunciation and telephone skills. Whatever your needs, one of our highly experienced Italian trainers can help you become more confident in your Italian skills.
Italian Language Examination Courses
We will also prepare you for Italian examinations of a business or general nature. We are proud to say our students have a 95% pass rate in language examinations, and their success further underlines the value we place on working with expert Italian teachers.
As part of our service, SIMON & SIMON will also organise the registration and administration of Italian examinations and the issuing of result certificates.
The table below is based on recognised language levels used by various academic institutions across the European Union. A highly motivated student attending weekly sessions with their language trainer can expect to move from one level to another after 50 hours providing they also commit to a similar number of hours of self-study.
Of course, some people find learning languages easier than others, and some students will have more opportunities to practise the language in the course of their work and leisure, so these factors also need to be considered when trying to assess how long it will take to move from one level to another.
|Level ||People At This Level Can:
||No previous knowledge of the target language
- Make contacts and exchange basic information (personal, work and social)
- Handle basic business telephone language
- Work with numbers (e.g. dates and figures)
- Understand simple requests and instructions
- Make basic travel arrangements and appointments
- Handle basic forms and documents
- Describe the company and its products
- Confirm and alter meeting arrangements
- Give simple instructions and explanations
- Develop contacts and exchange more specific / detailed information
- Understand and write simple business correspondence and notes
- Contribute to discussions (e.g. express opinions, agree and disagree) and make simple formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and interpret key, work-related information, e.g. handling customer enquiries
- Understand and write standard business correspondence and reports
- Give more complex instructions and explanations and explain ideas
- Participate in routine interviews
- Participate more fully in business meetings and discussions
- Make more complex formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and write complex business correspondence and reports within own field
- Understand and discuss complex concepts of a general and work-related nature
- Handle formal and informal meetings and negotiations with, for example, customer or suppliers
- Relocate to a country where the language is spoken and function fully in all routine areas and aspects of work
- Use appropriate language to deal with an extensive range of oral and written tasks
- Respond to a wide variety of situations with fluency and spontaneity
- Read, interpret and produce highly specialised texts / reports and present, discuss complex arguments
- Make presentations and contribute fully at seminars and conferences
If your company is thinking of investing in language training, why not try our free consultation and demo lesson? It is a real opportunity to see if SIMON & SIMON is right for you and for you to get an idea of what you will be doing on our Italian course. The free demo lessons are a perfect opportunity for you to meet one of our language trainers, experience the teaching methodology firsthand, and for us to assess your level and course needs - all with no obligation. Demo lessons typically last 1 hour, and take place at our offices in central London, close to Victoria Station.
To take up this special offer, please call Lisa, on 020 7931 9026 - quoting "Demo Lesson" - our no-obligation consultation and demo lesson is free of charge.
For more information on our Italian language courses, visit the following pages if you are an HR professional, an employee or an individual. For information on fees and to receive a proposal specifically tailored to your language needs, please complete our short enquiry form and we will respond promptly, or call us on 020 7821 0999.