German Language Courses
Are you looking to master business or General German? You can choose a German language course from SIMON & SIMON - the UK's No.1 provider of experienced language teachers.
In the modern world of international business, being fluent in more than one language isn't just important, it's increasingly becoming essential. With Simon & Simon’s language courses, it doesn't matter if you've never spoken a word of German or are already a confident communicator, our experienced language teachers will help you progress from the very first session. We use the Direct Method of training, which means our courses are conducted almost entirely in German. Also, all our teachers are native-speakers, so they will be able to help you build your vocabulary and pronunciation, as well as building a strong understanding of how the language is structured.
With Germany being a centre of finance and industry within Europe, it attracts businesses from around the world - including Britain. As a result, mastering Business German can be extremely beneficial in the development of your career and is a skill that will prove valuable in other aspects of your life.
Click below for more information:
German Language Profile
Over 100 million people speak German worldwide and is considered a language of business in the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
At SIMON & SIMON we offer different learning options depending on your needs. Our tailored German language courses take into account what you need to learn, for example business language or social language or a combination of the two.
Our 1:1 programs naturally see the learner improve more quickly and effectively than those on group courses. As the student gets individual attention from a native German speaker, the teacher is able to adapt each lesson to work on that individual's strengths and weaknesses. For those companies needing to improve the German language skills of a number of employees we offer group courses. In our group sessions learners enjoy a very interactive approach with activities focused around discussions and role plays to reflect the real life situations students face each day in their work and social interactions with German speakers outside of the sessions with their group. Intensive weekly courses are also available, with up to 30 hours of training spread across the week for those needing to accelerate their language skills in a shorter time.
As the leading provider of language teachers in the UK, we have a vast network of experienced native-speaker teachers spread across the country. So wherever your business is located, we will be able to come to your office to carry out training at a time that suits you. We can arrange courses from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Sessions are 90 minutes long, with students ideally attending at least once per week - and the days and times of training can be changed to fit around your business needs.
Or if you need to improve your German language skills quickly, try our intensive course! We do 6 hours per day (Monday-Friday) which can take place wherever suits you. Just speak with one of our advisers for more information about our German language intensive courses.
During our tailored language training courses, you will develop a clear understanding of German and how it can be applied in a number of situations, including presentations, business meetings and general conversation. No matter what your starting level, our experienced teachers will be able to improve your knowledge.
Our German language training courses are open to people of all standards and levels. So even if you have never spoken a single word in the language, our Direct Method of teaching and structured courses will help you to overcome any trepidation in the very first session. We have successfully helped thousands of people to master foreign languages from scratch and you could be next.
Companies sponsoring German language courses for employees will be provided with regular progress updates. You will also receive a complete course plan and profile of the teacher before training commences. We will assess your level before the course begins to find out areas we need to work on. From there we will provide all the materials needed for your course so all you have to do is turn up ready to learn. Support throughout your course is also provided by our dedicated multi-lingual team of Account Managers, ready to answer any queries you may have about the course or the progress of those attending.
German Language Examination Courses
We will also prepare you for any German examinations you wish to take and we are proud to say our students have a 95% pass rate. This success rate further underlines the value we place on working with expert German language teachers.
As part of our service, SIMON & SIMON will also organise the registration and administration of Italian examinations and the issuing of result certificates.
The table below is based on recognised language levels used by various academic institutions across the European Union. A highly motivated student attending weekly sessions with their language trainer can expect to move from one level to another after 50 hours providing they also commit to a similar number of hours of self-study.
Of course, some people find learning languages easier than others, and some students will have more opportunities to practise the language in the course of their work and leisure, so these factors also need to be considered when trying to assess how long it will take to move from one level to another.
|Level ||People At This Level Can:
||No previous knowledge of the target language
- Make contacts and exchange basic information (personal, work and social)
- Handle basic business telephone language
- Work with numbers (e.g. dates and figures)
- Understand simple requests and instructions
- Make basic travel arrangements and appointments
- Handle basic forms and documents
- Describe the company and its products
- Confirm and alter meeting arrangements
- Give simple instructions and explanations
- Develop contacts and exchange more specific / detailed information
- Understand and write simple business correspondence and notes
- Contribute to discussions (e.g. express opinions, agree and disagree) and make simple formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and interpret key, work-related information, e.g. handling customer enquiries
- Understand and write standard business correspondence and reports
- Give more complex instructions and explanations and explain ideas
- Participate in routine interviews
- Participate more fully in business meetings and discussions
- Make more complex formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and write complex business correspondence and reports within own field
- Understand and discuss complex concepts of a general and work-related nature
- Handle formal and informal meetings and negotiations with, for example, customer or suppliers
- Relocate to a country where the language is spoken and function fully in all routine areas and aspects of work
- Use appropriate language to deal with an extensive range of oral and written tasks
- Respond to a wide variety of situations with fluency and spontaneity
- Read, interpret and produce highly specialised texts / reports and present, discuss complex arguments
- Make presentations and contribute fully at seminars and conferences
Why not try our free demo consultation lesson? SIMON & SIMON offer a free lesson to see if we are right for you and your company. The lesson is a great chance for you to see and meet one of teachers in action, find out more about the courses and find out what level you are - with no obligation to book your course! So contact us today, on 020 7931 9026, to organise your free German language course demo lesson.
If you'd like to find out more about our German language courses, contact SIMON & SIMON today and take your first steps to becoming fluent in German.