French Language Courses
Parlez-vous français? Choose SIMON & SIMON for your French language training and enjoy tailored courses with the UK's No.1 provider of experienced language teachers. Possessing over 20 years’ experience, our French teachers have worked with a wide range of students from novices to experienced speakers looking to improve their knowledge. With courses running all over the country, SIMON & SIMON can accommodate any business and students.
As well as helping individuals, we also work closely with businesses that are either expanding into new territories or seeking further training for employees. French is spoken as a first language by over 75 million people in countries including Belgium, Canada, Switzerland and France of course. With many companies now branching out and operating internationally, the ability to communicate in a number of languages is becoming essential.
We provide training for individuals at every level, from absolute beginners to confident speakers, helping them to take the next step in their development. At the outset of each course you'll receive a trainer profile and a comprehensive course plan. Businesses that provide vocational training to staff will also be given regular progress reports and feedback following each 40 hour block.
Our sessions are conducted almost entirely in French, you will become immersed in the language as you learn, making progress from the very first lesson. Known as the Direct Method, this approach accelerates listening comprehension, improves pronunciation and will soon help you to grasp how French sentences are constructed, not just the words and their meaning.
French Language Profile
French is the world's second most studied foreign language and is considered a language of business in the following markets:
Democratic Republic of Congo
Our French courses are designed to be flexible. Lessons can be carried out in your workplace or at our dedicated training centre in the heart of London. Individuals who sign up for our one-on-one courses may also prefer to arrange for their trainer to visit them at home. This option is available from 8am to 8pm on Monday to Friday, with weekends also available on request.
Those on one-on-one courses naturally see a faster progression in their French speaking skills as the tutors can tailor the sessions to their needs. With group sessions we recommend no more than 6 learners as with groups any larger than this it is harder for the group member to get the one-on-one support they need.
Learning a language is a building process. You have to start at the bottom, gaining a basic understanding of pronunciation, grammar and common phrases. Once these fundamentals are in place you can begin expanding your knowledge and proficiency. French is certainly no different. The native language trainers at SIMON & SIMON can help you through each step of the process, and provide you with expert advice and support, as well as professional tuition throughout.
By working closely with our native French teachers, you can create a plan that will help you to achieve all of your language goals. We start with a pre-course French assessment, so we understand your level before designing your bespoke plan. We also get a comprehensive knowledge of what your business is about so that we know whether you are looking for business language or conversational language. So whether you simply wish to develop basic conversational skills or are looking to master complex business terms to add more value to your role within the company, we are here to help.
French Language Examination Courses
Not only do we make sure you are confident in your French skills, we can prepare you for any exams you may be taking. We are proud to say we have an excellent team of teachers, with 95% of our students passing their language exams, no matter what your starting level. As part of our services, we will organise the registration and administration of your French exam, then we will also issue your certificate once you have passed.
The below table is a recognised language level table which is used by academic institutions across Europe. SIMON & SIMON use this to assess your levels throughout the course, so your tutor, employer and yourself can keep track of you progress.
|Level||People At This Level Can:
||No previous knowledge of the target language
- Make contacts and exchange basic information (personal, work and social)
- Handle basic business telephone language
- Work with numbers (e.g. dates and figures)
- Understand simple requests and instructions
- Make basic travel arrangements and appointments
- Handle basic forms and documents
- Describe the company and its products
- Confirm and alter meeting arrangements
- Give simple instructions and explanations
- Develop contacts and exchange more specific / detailed information
- Understand and write simple business correspondence and notes
- Contribute to discussions (e.g. express opinions, agree and disagree) and make simple formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and interpret key, work-related information, e.g. handling customer enquiries
- Understand and write standard business correspondence and reports
- Give more complex instructions and explanations and explain ideas
- Participate in routine interviews
- Participate more fully in business meetings and discussions
- Make more complex formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and write complex business correspondence and reports within own field
- Understand and discuss complex concepts of a general and work-related nature
- Handle formal and informal meetings and negotiations with, for example, customer or suppliers
- Relocate to a country where the language is spoken and function fully in all routine areas and aspects of work
- Use appropriate language to deal with an extensive range of oral and written tasks
- Respond to a wide variety of situations with fluency and spontaneity
- Read, interpret and produce highly specialised texts / reports and present, discuss complex arguments
- Make presentations and contribute fully at seminars and conferences
Your company is thinking of investing in language training, but you’re not sure if we are the right company for you? Then try our free consultation and demo lesson! This will give you the opportunity to see if SIMON & SIMON is right for you, but also you can get an idea of what you will be doing on our course. The free demo lessons are a perfect opportunity for you to meet one of our French teachers and experience the teaching methodology first-hand - all with no obligation. Demo lessons typically last 1 hour, and take place at our offices in central London, close to Victoria Station.
To take up this special offer, please call Lisa, on 020 7931 9026 - quoting "Demo Lesson" - our no-obligation consultation and demo lesson is free of charge
If you want to start learning French or would like to find out more about our tailored French language courses, contact SIMON & SIMON today on 020 7821 0999.