English Language Courses
If you're looking to learn English, make sure you are taught by the best. SIMON & SIMON have been offering tailored English language courses for business and general purposes nationwide for over 20 years. In that time, our native language teachers have helped thousands of people master the English language. As the UK's number one provider of experienced language trainers, SIMON & SIMON are fully committed to helping all our clients master the English language. We have an extensive network of teachers across every region, each with an average of 15 years experience. As well as running courses for employees across Britain, we also provide training for hundreds of individuals.
Our learning English courses are open to anybody. From absolute beginners to fluent speakers, SIMON & SIMON can tailor an English language course that reflects training to match your level of experience. As you progress, the courses will be adapted to help you meet your personal language objectives.
Click below for a more in depth look at our courses:
English Language Profile
English is now the world's third most common native language and is considered the language of business in the following markets:
- Cayman Islands
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
Whether you are looking to learn English or just improve your English skills, SIMON & SIMON can tailor you course to your needs. Our English teaching specialists are very adaptable to suit you and your business. We off two types of services, 1:1 learning or group sessions.
With our 1:1 service you will naturally see progress being made faster than the group sessions. This is because we can tailor the learning to the one individuals needs and learning technique. Our teachers can identify their particular weaknesses and work on them, whereas in group sessions the teacher has to take into account the ability of everyone in the group. In a group the students can help each other and our English teachers can use some great group activities, but we do suggest that the groups are no bigger than 6. No matter how many people you need to learn English, SIMON & SIMON can tailor our courses just for you.
All SIMON & SIMON courses are overseen by one of our excellent account managers, who are also multi-lingual for the ease of our students.
Before the programme starts we will send you the profile of the English teacher that is in your area. Following this, the teacher will create a plan outlining how the training is going to be structured. A report is provided after every 40 hours of tuition and employers paying for English language courses and they will also have access to Monitor, our unique online reporting system.
From 1 week intensive courses up to 30 hours to weekly courses in your office, our flexible language courses offer the perfect solution. You will benefit from the experience and expertise of a native speaker, while also having control over where and when each session will take place. The vast majority of people that learn English normally learn from their own home, but we also work with businesses. For businesses we generally come to your offices, but we can accommodate your needs as our teachers are very flexible.
Courses are available between 08:00 and 20:00 from Monday to Friday and weekend sessions are available on request. SIMON & SIMON also offer a fantastic, full time residential course. For more information on this contact one of our multi-lingual staff on 020 7821 0999.
We offer General and Business English courses that focus on writing and presentation skills as well as pronunciation and exam preparation. Whatever your needs, we have the course for you. If you need to improve your language skills as part of your job, or are an employer seeking English courses for members of staff, sessions can be arranged within your workplace anywhere in the UK.
We start the English learning process with a pre-course assessment, so we understand what levels you are at and what needs to be done to reach the level you are aiming for. From there our English teachers will provide a plan for your bespoke course. We can tailor our courses to improve your skills when discussing business areas such as law, banking, finance, insurance, sales, travel, marketing, and administration. Or you may want to focus on improving your Italian for meetings, discussions and negotiations, or to concentrate on improving your listening comprehension, pronunciation and telephone skills. Whatever your needs, one of our highly experienced English language trainers can help you become more confident in you English skills.
English Language Examination Courses
Not only do we make sure you are confident in your English skills, we can prepare you for any examination you may be wanting to take. With 95% of our students passing their language exams, we are proud to say that we are very successful teachers, no matter what you starting level is. As part of our services, we will organise the registration and administration of your English exam, then we will also issue your certificate once you have passed.
The table below is based on the recognised language levels used by academic institutions across Europe. We use this chart to assess what level you are starting at and how well we think you are progressing. Of course, people learn at different speeds and some people have more opportunities to practice, so we always take this into account when making the learning plan.
|Level||People At This Level Can:
||No previous knowledge of the target language
- Make contacts and exchange basic information (personal, work and social)
- Handle basic business telephone language
- Work with numbers (e.g. dates and figures)
- Understand simple requests and instructions
- Make basic travel arrangements and appointments
- Handle basic forms and documents
- Describe the company and its products
- Confirm and alter meeting arrangements
- Give simple instructions and explanations
- Develop contacts and exchange more specific / detailed information
- Understand and write simple business correspondence and notes
- Contribute to discussions (e.g. express opinions, agree and disagree) and make simple formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and interpret key, work-related information, e.g. handling customer enquiries
- Understand and write standard business correspondence and reports
- Give more complex instructions and explanations and explain ideas
- Participate in routine interviews
- Participate more fully in business meetings and discussions
- Make more complex formulaic presentations on familiar topics
- Understand and write complex business correspondence and reports within own field
- Understand and discuss complex concepts of a general and work-related nature
- Handle formal and informal meetings and negotiations with, for example, customer or suppliers
- Relocate to a country where the language is spoken and function fully in all routine areas and aspects of work
- Use appropriate language to deal with an extensive range of oral and written tasks
- Respond to a wide variety of situations with fluency and spontaneity
- Read, interpret and produce highly specialised texts / reports and present, discuss complex arguments
- Make presentations and contribute fully at seminars and conferences
If your company is thinking of investing in language training, why not try our free consultation and demo lesson? This is a good opportunity to see if SIMON & SIMON is right for you and for you to get an idea of what you will be doing on our Italian course. The free demo lessons are a perfect opportunity for you to meet one of our English trainers, experience the teaching methodology firsthand, and for us to assess your level and course needs - all with no obligation. Demo lessons typically last 1 hour, and take place at our offices in central London, close to Victoria Station.
To take up this special offer, please call Lisa, on 020 7931 9026 - quoting "Demo Lesson" - our no-obligation consultation and demo lesson is free of charge
Whether you're learning English for the first time or are looking to develop your existing language skills, call SIMON & SIMON today on 020 7821 0999 to book your English language training course. Or complete our short enquiry form to receive a tailored proposal and fee’s.